Fit for Europe was a project implemented by KoWi and managed by Piotr Swiatek. Between 2000 and 2003 it targeted all countries newly associated with EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (BG, CZ, EE, HU, LT, LV, PL, RO, SI, SK) and helped them to:
- improve their NCP structures
- understand European funding policy and instruments
- support their scientists in Framework proposal submission
- establish contacts with Member States in order to find proposal partners
- facilitate dialogue with national policy decision makers on support of internalisation of research and innovation
Corrent activities of Piotr Swiatek are based on this experience and aim to support third countries either to improve effectiveness in cooperation with EU programmes or to prepare for association with Horizon Europe. They take place both on the level of NCPs an stakeholders. with focus on energy themes.
An example is the EaP PLUS project, Piotr Swiatek is working in.